A sewer cleaner uses high-pressure water to break up the blockage, scour the pipe walls, and flush the debris down the sewer system to the vacuum hose. This safely and efficiently removes the debris or blockage material from the sewer line.
Causes of Sewer and Drain Problems
Sewer and drain camera inspection enables us to spot common problems. The issues we’re most used to finding in our inspections include:
- Pipe clogs : From mineral buildup to accumulated waste and debris, plumbing and sewer pipes are vulnerable to a range of different blockages.
- Pipe decay : It’s not uncommon for pipe to become corroded with age, causing it to get weaker; eventually, it might become cracked. If left unchecked, collapsed lines can result.
- Tree root intrusion : Trees constantly extend their root systems to find water and nutrients; plumbing and sewer pipes are prime sources. Roots can break in, grow inside, and crush pipe.
- Seismic activity : An earthquake or any type of ground shift can cause pipe to become disconnected and separated. The pressure of moving soil and ground materials can easily damage buried pipe.
- Overflowing septic tank : If your septic tank is full, sewage has nowhere to go but back into the sewer line, eventually affecting drains and causing odors and waste to reach inside your home.
First Call Plumbing Exceptional Service Providers For Your Residential & Commercial Plumbing Since 1997
Our technicians are always standing by and ready to service your plumbing needs. We service throughout Western Pennsylvania to better provide plumbing service to our customers. Here are some of the premier services we provide:
- Dye Test
- Water Leak Detection
- Sewer Cleaning
- Camera & Jetter Services
- Gas, Water & Sewer Line Locating
- Gas, Water & Sewer Lines Repaired and Replaced
- Backflow preventers (installed and inspected)
- Hot Water Tanks
- Bathroom Remodeling